Prof. Martin Scherer (Hamburg, Germany) summarizes some of his top-10 studies in primary care:
- European Research Agenda gave an overview about current primary care and they defined different sections where primary care research can be conducted;
- Study of the primary research output. Scherer: “The Netherlands and the U.K. belong to the best of the six prominent primary care countries that conduct and publish primary care research.”
- Treatment regimen for an effective clinical case with several chronic conditions;
- His own MultiCare study clustered chronic conditions into a section;
- “A real clinically relevant study”, in the words of Scherer, was conducted in Utrecht, which compared two clinical decision rules to rule out deep vein thrombosis;
- Study on discontinuation of aspirin;
- Smoking in adolescents: If the actress in movies smoke, then the likelihood that the young adolescents or pupils start with smoking or try to smoke is increased.